View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Worst Gig Experiences?

Too many to mention........

One springs to mind though. In a covers band, guitarist was so drunk he was reading set two and we were on set one!!!

He'd do Sweet Child of Mine guitar to Where The Streets have no name for example.

One song the singer was like what the flip was that? We were playing Weather With You by Crowded House, guitarist said Oh I thought you said were doing Smoke On the water

Looking back now I can laugh but man were we awful............wasn't all bad, after the gig he had a huge row and threw his guitar across the bar, people thought it was part of the show............best cheer we got all night!!!

Another I had a smoke from a kiwi guy during our break............big mistake, I had no definition of time, not rhythm, actual time..........30 seconds felt like 30 minutes

We started 'Vertigo' the singer just came into sing when I did some insane Kiss song ending drum fill and ended the song........everyone looked at me like what the hell.......25 seconds version of Vertigo!!!

Kids don't do drugs.........it's not big and it's not clever........

I'll be here all night, now

One other.......bass player had a hook stand under his ampeg head, so he could hang his bass from it, looked pretty cool........

One gig he turned up plastered drunk, he'd been at a wake all day........he was so drunk he couldn't stand up, let alone play.........

he fell back into his ampeg, being a big rig it didn't budge.......he'd hit the odd note now and then with his head down........

we ended the set walked off.........all got together at the bar to go beast at the bass player

he was still up on stage, hanging like a rag doll against his ampeg. His guitar stand on his ampeg head hooked under the collar of his jacket. During the gig he'd passed out and the hook was holding him up.......

gospel all true stories.........I should write a book

one quick one to finish.........the same bass player we were playing in Germany.......against he was blind drunk, I wont name him for legal reasons. We stopped for something to eat at a Kebab house.

We got back in the van, he was in the kebab place having a fight with a local.......he gets back in the van with his Kebab........he's looking like the hunchback of Notre Dame with his black eye swelling up, and a huge hunch sticking from his shoulder.......

we turned the light on he had a huge knife sticking out of his shoulder, he'd been stabbed in the fight and didn't even realise......he casually put his jacket back on and got in the van..........man how drunk was he ha ha.......

I should copyright this stuff........