View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Star Trek is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedranS View Post
Saw this for the second time yesterday, I'm a big fan of Star Trek, though I never watched the newest one "Enterprise"....Anyway I thought the movie was great, though it did have a kind of Bruckheimer hollywood action kind of feel to it.

Did anyone notice that it was absolutely ridden with lens flares? Made my eyes hurt at times; I don't know, I guess there's a lot of lens flares in space?
Saw it the second time Friday evening May 15, 2009. This time I saw it at an Imax cinema. I have to agree with the Imax there were a lot of very bright spots from the film, if that is what you mean by "lens flares." These very bright spots were not as pressent in the smaller screen theaters.

The movie was great, I was dissapointed in one area though. The first time I saw it, it was at a local theater, near my home in the middle of nowhere. It appeared that the screen was out of focus slightly. I was not the only one to comment on this. When I saw it at the Imax, I was expecting a sharper image. Instead it seems like the out of focus was an effect the movie makers were after.