View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Worst Gig Experiences?

Not many bad experiences but I had a gig at a church once last October. The Minister of Music put this jazz quartet together to play one song. English composer John Rutter's arrangement of "When the Saints Go Marching In". I did it as a favor for a good friend at work who is a piano player and organist. All around great musician, so I thought "why not." I got the music and CD and began to practice. We rehearsed with a full 40 member choir and it sounded great. (There were some really nice looking chicks in that choir, so I thought I may be able to get a few phone numbers....) That Sunday of the service I got my drums half way set up and had to wait until a good time to set the rest up. I was told I'd have 5 to 10 minutes to finish. Nope! Turns out I barely had time to set up my ride cymbal and 1 crash. And we started. It came off great and I got all kinds of compliments and was invited to join their jazz band but I had prior commitments, but talk about RUSH, RUSH, RUSH. I barely had time to sit my butt on the throne before the number began! But I got taken out to a nice restaurant for lunch and all kinds of compliemts, so it was all good. I never got any chick's phone number though....