Thread: Baseball thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Baseball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercussionist View Post
I remember when beating the Yankees was a big deal. Does it men so much anymore? It seems the Rays are the formidable foe in the AL East. Standings be damned as of yet. It's always much different as the season goes on. Key players on different teams get hurt and it makes a difference in the standings as teams try to make the bench do the work of the everyday players.

The Red Sox have a heavy duty bullpen so far. It's been the difference, especially with Papi not hitting, Youk has been out, Dice-K still is out, Pedroia had a few days off with an injury, Lowell still is just getting by with the hip surgery and the shortstop position has been a crap shoot. It's been interesting to say the least, but the Red Sox are still doing alright. I'm hoping it all comes together soon and the REAL push will be on!!

Go Red Sox!!!!
It was a big deal because A.J Burnett was a Jay and was learning from the Doc but then bolted for the Yanks, unfortunately we got trounced last night.
The Redsox and Yanks are both still formidable but I think we get a few injured pitchers back soon and that will help out, all Cito wants is for the pitchers to keep them close for 6 innings and let the batters do the rest, a little relief and a close and Bob's your uncle. Sounds like American League Baseball to me. I'm sure that they will be competitive during the season but I can not expect them to land on top, if they do then that would be extra gravy. For all you Redsox fans out there "Pawk ya car in Havard yard.