View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Star Trek is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolving_machine View Post
There is one commercial or video that I really like. There is some kid who can barely see over the steering wheel of a blue 1966 Corvette Stingray, he is hauling down the road faster then a double bass drum roll at 300 bpm. The next scene the kid is being chased by something that appears to be some kind of motorcycle cop. The kid then drives close to the edge of a cliff and spins the Vette around and the kid jumps out. You than see the kid trying to pull himself up off of the edge of the cliff. When he finally gets to his feet, he is met with the Cop asking him, "What is your name?" The kid replies "James Tiberious Kirk."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yrdEe95Hs0

Even if you do not like Star Trek, you have to like that trailer. As drummers we have a thirst for speed as well.
I went to see it last night, and that was my favorite scene! I liked the fast-paced action, but without the explosions, lasers, and gunshots.

The movie itself was great. I've never seen Star Trek, ever, so this was my first exposure to it, and I loved it. Some parts were pretty funny too!