View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Default Re: How Do You Get In Shape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
First......Go to a doctor and tell him what you want to do. I don't know your age but you need to consult with a doctor before starting any exercise program. Sounds like a tv ad but it's so true. Let him prescribe a program or some limits may be in order. Just like drumming rudiments, it won't happen over night. Good luck.
While good advice, it always makes me bust my gut. If exercise is going to kill you, your up the creek without a paddle, well maybe cardiac paddles. LOL.

Pilates, Tai Chi, both effective and neither should kill you. If your looking to really get fit, then any type of tai bo, heavy bag, is really killer. Punching and kicking is a real labour for the ticker.

I like bicycle myself. We have an excellent trail on the st lawrence river, sweet ride.

PS, try a 5 cup ebsom salt bath after you play. It works wonders. Also use after workouts. Remember that it is 70% food intake as you are what you eat. antioxidents and the like are important. Also the first six to eight weeks, you feel worse...LOL.