View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriousmusic View Post
WOW,
these are some awesome kits guys! Gretch has such great variety too..awesome.
I've only had my set for 2 days now and don't yet have my cymbals. I'll go ahead and post a few pics of the drums until I get the rest. I'm getting rid of the edrums on my avatar.
My 1st kit I had for 25 years was 70's Slingerland in chrome with zil A cymbals, new beat hat. I sold it a few years ago due to my disability. This is my 1st brand new kit..
I will post more pics when I get the rest, my Saluda's and toys! I had to resize my pics so I hope they look okay on here..sorry if not.
Melinda
Hellow Melinda!

You and I have the same kit! I just picked one of these up last night.
Great drums btw. Gretsch really knows how to build a great kit. From beginner to pro, they are all good. I am thinking about some head swaps. I like the G1 coateds on the toms, but the snare head and kick will no doubt be swapped soon. I am using my kit for rehearsal and gigging duties and think this kit will be seeing alot of use! I am also considering re-wrapping the shells as I am not real wild about the design, but Gretsch was blowing this finish out..so what I paid for them, I guess I can't complain too much.

I will post some pix as soon as I have everything tweek'd and set up proper.

Peace.