Thread: Neil Peart
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 AM
michael drums

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumba_Zumba View Post
The tambourine can be attached to a floor bracket that is played by a BD pedal. LP makes one Gajate Bracket I think. I have one and use it for that very reason (I play the tribal waltz part in my solo too). 35 bucks or so.

The RRHOF is getting slammed pretty hard here. I will say that Rush should be in there. But I have been there a couple of times. The section with Jimi Hendrix's childhood artwork and lyrics is mind blowing. The mini theatre also played never-before-seen footage of Jimi in concert. It was so incredibly powerful. I could only imagine what that was like in the first five rows in concert.

The section that had memorabilia from blues greats choked me up a bit. This is where it all started. These poor men had only their clothes on their backs, a guitar, an amp and a single suit case. They travelled town to town looking to play. The RRHOF may be far from perfect, but then again, when being judged by people that belong to a discussion forum, what is?
Well, ZZ...

I call it like I see it. Whether it's on a discussion forum, in a newspaper, or in a magazine, I exercise my freedom of speech and WILL judge the criteria for election of the R&RHoF. If it's wrong...well, I'll say so.

I'm not saying that they don't have credible examples of who they HAVE elected, 'cause we all know that they are filled with many many worthy rock bands and acts that certainly deserve their place.

But to leave out a band like Rush, after what they've accomplished, well...I cry foul. And Rush isn't the only one either, as has been mentioned above. There are others that deserve it just as much.

Oops!

See...I get a little off topic , too. :-|

Sorry 'bout that. Hope we can get back to the specific topic...The Professor! ;-)