View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Do you like Avril Lavigne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
Good lord i created a moster by coming to the defense of Avril in the Jonas Brothers thread. I think Avril is a very talented, well-rounded musician (not rounded THAT way, you perverts, okay, she is that too). She can play piano (very well imo), guitar (well enough to do a 3 chord progression), drums (well enought o keep a beat in time and throw in basic fills, sing (in tune) and write songs. Unless you can do all of that, you really shouldn't be criticizing her. Her songs are poppy and top-40-ish and she is selling sexiness, but she does it soooo well (eg.- that girlfriend song, the line she sings "i don't wanna hear you say her name ever again!!!" I was like, dammmnnn that was HOTTTT!!!) Unlike the Jonas Brothers who i always feel are puppets in a mega-corporate scheme and the object of teen exploitation, i just get the vibe that avril's producers and record company let her call all of her own shots and that's just the person she is.

i also like Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado, Carrie Underwood, and Alanis Morrisette. Wanna fight over it or what???
I know what you mean. I do agree that there are a lot of bands who just sound poppy because that's just the sort of music they like writing. Also I'm definetly not complaining about AM, She had Taylor Hawkins as her drummer before he joined foo fighters.
I hate KC but i do rather lol at the cover version that A Day to Remember did of since u been gone.

Last edited by eddiehimself; 03-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.