View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Farthest commute to band practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
Just curious if there are any gung-ho drummers like me out there who commute very far to band practice. I live in a daggum swamp called Clewiston on the southern shores of Lake Okeechobee in Florida. It's a tiny town of about 5000 people so when i moved here, i was bummed to see that there were absolutely no musicians to jam with who play progressive metal. I finally decided i was just going to commute to west palm beach, fort lauderdale or miami to find good musicians. To that end, i now travel 85 miles (137 Km) each way or 170 miles (274 Km) round trip to practice usually 3-4 times a week to Pompano Beach, Fl. Is there anyone else who does this?
Surprising you couldn't find any progressive metal musicians in Clewiston on the southern shores of Lake Okeechobee in Florida. I would figure that's where they would all hang out.

I live out in Eastern Suffolk County in NY. I commute into NYC to play and it is about the same commute as you have. Probably a little shorter, Somewhere between 60 and 80 miles. I've been starting to meet more people In Nassau County, which is only half the distance. But it's still a 40 minute ride. Not ggod for the car, or gas budget.