View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Banned

Default Re: Your life's soundtrack...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy78 View Post
Hey, i'm new here.. pleased to meet you all... Ok, if you had to pick say 8-12 songs that have influenced/affected you the most through your life(musically or personally); the songs you can relate and identify most with. Ok here goes, it would probably vary sllightly from day to day but here, but for now:
Bob Dylan- Masters of War
Jimi Hendrix- Red House, pali gap
Nirvana- Dumb
Daniel Johnston- Life in Vain
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man
Bob Marley- Three litlle Birds
Todd Snider- Alright guy
Muddy Waters- Live the Life I love, Champagne and Reefer
SRV- Scuttle Buttin

I could go on, but I shall leave it at that for now......

What about you guys?
Welcome to the forum.

My soundtrack would be a month to month affair. I usually tire of an album after 1 month and never listen again. So my life soundtrack would be inspired from styles.

Early years, 0 to 10. Glam metal, Slade, The Sweet, Suzi Quatro etc. Phil Spector Wall of sound productions, Motown etc. Drummers would include Hal Blaine and Earl Palmer and those in the various bands.

11 to 15. Big band jazz and movie soundtracks. First exposure to Zappa. Harder rock, AC/DC, Judas Priest etc.

16 to 18. Classic prog rock, Yes, Genesis, ELP, Gentle giant, Kansas etc.

19 to 25. JAZZ! All forms.

25 to 30. Began Playing percussion, seriously competing with drumset. Began to study world music. Became fascinated with Afrocentric rhythms from around the world. This continues.

Of course there have been many artists I have enjoyed along the way. Too many to name.