Thread: Neil Peart
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 AM
trkdrmr

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
I'd agree. And perhaps, it wouldn't matter if not for all the press claiming S&A was going to be a big shift in sound. Overall, it seems a continuation from Vapor Trails and Test for Echos.
Still, I've seen them every tour since 86. The S&A shows were amazing. I just don't buy Rush albums expecting to be blown away anymore.
One of the hypes was that they were going back to the original, more guitar-based sound. So what?

Guitar, synthesizer, drums or raccoons-singing-in-a-chourus based sound. Doesn't matter to me because I love the guitar and synthetsizer based eras equally well for different reasons.

I just want the material to stand out, and have the meat/technical wizardry I know they are capable of.

I think this sums it up for me as well: I just don't buy Rush albums expecting to be blown away anymore

The last time I truly liked a whole Rush album as soon as I heard it was HYF. I was blown away by force ten and time stand still. After that, it's either been piecemeal (some tunes like presto, RTB and VT) took a little while to appreciate (Counterparts/TFE) or huh? like S&A.