View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM

Default Re: New Lamb of God album--thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondXheartbeat View Post
Lamb of God has always had a slight southern touch on their records. I personally think it gives their music a lot more distinction. Saying we don't need another Pantera is like saying, "I hate Burger King and how they put cheese on their burgers, we don't need another McDonalds."
Not exactly, in my opinion. Sacrament to me is when they started with the Southern touches (certain guitar bends, the occasional blues note, etc.) at least that I thought were noticeable. The McD/BK analogy is really funny but is a little broader than what I was saying :) And hey, if you're into the Southern/blues touches that they're doing, that's cool. I'm really happy that people are buying and enjoying their albums because they deserve the success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondXheartbeat View Post
But I do agree that "Redneck" blatantly stood out as a "Let's try to get on the MTV2 rotation" single, especially in comparison to the rest of Sacrament.
Amen! I agree 1000%. Even if you don't view that song as a black eye on the album like I do, you gotta admit it's at least a black sheep. It was pretty misleading as a single since it's not indicative of anything else on the CD, or anything in their catalog for that matter. That album as a whole is excellent, as is Wrath. I hope not too many people heard "Redneck" as their first LoG song (the video is even more retarded and lame--"a metal band at a little kid's b-day party--that's so BRUTAL!") and wrote the band off as a Pantera clone/nu-metal act.

But hey, it did get them a Grammy nomination and is paying their bills. So good on 'em--just don't do it again :)