View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Fighting in Hockey: In or Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M. Thomson View Post
OK, put your 2 cents in, it is being discussed a little more seriously now and I thought perhaps there might be a few opinions out there. For myself I say out, change the built in, old fashioned culture that has been the same old fall back excuse for ever.

Other wise we might as well start up the Rollerball league now. (Norman Jewison movie)
I don't care either way, but the level of excellence of the PLAYING had better go up first. If the most exciting part of a game is the fights, well, I won't be watching.

I remember the Boston Bruins glory days of Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Johnny Bucyk, Kenny Hodge, Derek Sanderson, Wayne Cashman, Dallas Smith, Gerry Cheevers, Reggie Leach and Fred Stanfield. Later years brought a surge of other great players, but it was the GAME that mattered, not the fights. Great players made the game REALLY exciting.

The leagues got so big it diluted the excellence down just to fill all the openings on the teams. I'd be one to say they should limit the amount of teams the league can have. There are only so many excellent players to go around.
_
_
Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperFace