View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 03:18 AM
trkdrmr

Default Re: Garage band (imac) vs CUbase le 4 agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Not sure how much Logic 8 is in US Dollars without the student discount; but the price is still much less than Cubase and most of the industry rivals. It's a great bit of software and whilst the install is huge (46 Gb) it's well worth the three hours it takes. The copy protection is simple as well, it is JUST a serial number. The other DAW's I've seen are all generally very good, but Logic wins on the price and ease of use. It's just as powerful as the others as well really (with the possible exception of Pro Tools with regards to audio editing, but that's a pain in the backside). So - it's all good!
It seems to be about $449. Even if it was the same price as cubase, I'd go for it instead, because now I have that option. I also enjoy that I am no longer fighting the evil forces of the vista code, or cruel, user-resistant apps like cubase.

I *should* be able to squeeze 46 GB install somewhere on either my 500gb internal or 1 terabyte external drive.

Of course you know, this means I will have to try to work my digicam (firewire) into the equation.

My ultimate goal is primarily to get at least decent quality audio, and eventually...video. I promise that If I ever put anything on you tube, I will edit out the awkward moments of climbing onto the throne and preparing to play.