View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

Default Photography Equipment

I know some of you drummers are also into photography. Let's face it, what's more fun then taking pictures of your drumset besides jamming on it. Some of you have gone to great lengths to take stunning photos of your drumsets too!!

I have recently purchased a Nikon D-40 DSLR with the 18-55mm lens kit. I will admit that I am a beginner and still do not understand all of the photography lingo, but I am learning. I have run through several point and shoot cameras, but have always wanted a more substantial one.

Now that I have had it for a few months I have noticed that not only do I take pictures more often, I also take many more at one time than I used too.

For example, at my sons birthday party in 2007 I may have taken 30-40 with my old Olympus point and shoot. I took 130 with my Nikon at his birthday party in 2008.

Is this normal as you evolve into nicer equipment? What type of photography equipment do you use?