View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: New windows apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
That really doesn't surprise me. You can order apple computers with like 32gb of ram or something. I guess it's one of the reasons it's so good (apparently) for professional applications. I for one haven't been able to buy a single bit of pro software which is designed for 64 bit computers. I was going to buy cakewalk because they said it had a 64 bit version. Now they've released version 8 and all of a sudden they've said it "doesn't officially support WXP/Vista x64". I know it works with the os because people have been using it in their setup for years but i am annoyed because i really wanted to see what it could do. Really, i think software developers need to get their heads out of the sand and start building proper 64 bit software. As for the free windows 7 trial, i would download it but i can't because it's probably bigger than my monthly download limit :p
haha, its around 2 gigs, but for those of you who have bandwidth caps. id suggest being catious if you have other traffic comming in such as movies or XBL or whatever.

aside from that you are right.

there really isnt any stable development for the 64 bit platform. i think amd is having an easier time throwing out 64 bit processors than intel. so that might be part of the problem.

if intel cant have a stable 64 bit processor out, which im sure by now they must?

theyll tell windows to keep developing 32 bit versions of windows. and then developers see these markets where its like 90% of the customers are useing 32 bit and 10% are using 64... they say at board mettings "if we want profits well market all on 32.."

but its completley idiotic to me why they dont offer both.