Thread: I need a word.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Muffled Tom's Avatar
Muffled Tom Muffled Tom is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 321
Default I need a word.

I'm writing an essay about jazz for the Essentially Ellington contest, and I can't seem to find the correct word for the sound a closing hi-hat makes. Is it "chink"? I don't know. "Click" doesn't work, and I know there's a word but I can't remember. It's supposed to be used like this: "The delicate _____ of the hi hat interrupted by bla bla bla".

Any ideas?
My favorite bands: Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reply With Quote