View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: CD cheap Vinyl expensive.

I can't see how downloads deteriorate...! It's just a collection of 0's and 1's - file corruption doesn't happen as it's a non-write entity, unless you decide to compress it. That's why we have nice lossless formats like FLAC.

If I had the money, I would glady pay thousands on a nice stereo system. There's nothing like holding a record and putting it on a turntable - it's a physical thing as much as it is an audible thing. This is why downloads to me are kind of missing the point to some extent. I love buying albums - usually CD admittedly, but there's a physical presence and tactile sensation of vinyl that CD cannot replicate. The same goes for the artwork. With all that said and done, however - for sheer quality of replication, it's going to have to be a high-quality digital format. If you want accuracy - say you're going for a test tone - then nothing can beat high-quality digital.

If you want something nice to listen to - vinyl. The little imperfections are what makes it such a pleasure.