View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Show us your '2 rack toms to the left of the bass' kits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessdude16 View Post
I think my trouble is that I just can't picture how to set it up.

I'll try to explain my problem with this image.

The problem lies with how to set up the two rack toms. I'd like to have the crash as it is shown here, but to also have the two splash cymbals either side. What would be the best way to this?

Ideally I wanted to get a double tom stand for the toms but would there be room for a stand for the crash?

I suppose I could mount the crash on the double tom stand, but what about the splash cymbals? If I mounted the toms, crash and both the splashes on the one stand it would be too much weight wouldn't it?

I'm not entirely opposed to getting a rack but i'd rather not if I can help it.

I can't really tell what you've all done with yours :s

Thanks

Adam
I've got a heavy duty DW double tom stand that also has an integrated clamp for a cymbal arm. I see no reason why a double tom stand like that couldn't handle a small crash and two splashes.

A second option would be to use two cymbal stands. Mount one tom and one splash to one stand, then the other tom, second splash, and crash to the other. Floor space might be an issue, though...

I've never seen a cymbal stand FAIL from weight. What they do is FALL. :-)

EDIT: One more option that I think might work wonders for you- grab a couple of LP claws and mount your splashes to the rims of your toms. Perfect positioning (at least from your picture), inexpensive clamps, and lightweight, to boot.