Thread: Cried?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Cried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Cory, I think the question you ask is are you emotionally overwhelmed by music or musicians.

I think most of us are easily overwhelmed. I was shattered when Jaco Pastorious was karate kicked to death in a Miami club years ago. I lost not only a musician guiding light, but someone who was a neighbor & mentor of sorts and touched me in so many ways.

Crying comes easily to me, and maybe I'm being a wimp for admitting it to the online world.

In the context of music or otherwise, its not something I'm embarrassed or ashamed about. As a matter of fact I think its a sign of humanity, proof that we aren't dead on the inside.
Ya Abe, I guess that is basically what I was asking. That is a tragic experience that you mentioned and I am too familiar with close friends dying a violent death. A close friend said something to me the other day that really shook me. He said... "It appears that we are getting to the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away." I guess its true to an extent but there is still so much that we have. LIFE is one of them. Everyday we have a chance to make decisions and do something positive. I just try my best.. lol.