View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: DrummerWorld in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM201 View Post
Yeah, I don't think a chat box would be very good. All unorganized. And unless we can get one where you have to be an actually member to use it, we'll get A LOT of spam

I think DW is fine the way it is, except we are lacking in some Bernhard drumming videos
I'm 100% sure it is possible to have a members-only chatbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Philly View Post
True. But come to think of it: because of the random nature of what you can ask / say on a chatbox I can also see it going horribly wrong, e.g. if the chatbox is flooded with people not only asking random questions, but also giving random answers and making random statements, like you see people on youtube sometimes do (e.g. you blow, this sucks, portnoy would have done a better job, I want my mommy, plus one!!1!11, bonham is god etc.). A quality chatbox should be moderated whenever it's open to prevent this from happening. That might add quite a lot to the cost of a chatbox - there aren't many people who will moderate a chatbox for hours on end for no money at all.
I don't think there would be much spam on it, if it were members-only. Obviously, there would be an option to turn it off, but I think that even if people were spamming, if people just ignored them, then legit conversations could be held, because the spam would just die away (as in only the, say, 30 most recent messages are shown).