View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Echoes, by Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I tend to watch Part 1 more, just because of those killer 5 seconds or so when Gilmour first breaks the sound out of his Strat. I got a Start last year and tried to get a Gilmour out of it. Bizarrely it only happened when I plugged it into an AC30. Straight away, the sound that I've wanted for a few years just happening.

Oh. And I'm buying a Big Muff at some point for some serious fuzz. I'm using a Zakk Wylde Overdrive at the moment that is actually really great (on the clean channels) at raunchy, twangy overdrive. Slapback delay and some single coils and you're actually in Psychedelic heaven. Astronomy Domine gets broken out a lot when I play my Strat.
How did you get your hands on an AC30? my friend has a 60's anniversary strat and he says he can get the gilmour sound out of it.. I've never heard him try though. you're more of a guitarist than a drummer aren't you (no offense intended).

I gotta say that one of the moments that defined my love for the Floyd was when I saw Echoes at Pompeii, when the band breaks into what I call the "funky section" (around 7:38 on the DVD). Waters, Mason and Wright really lay it down, and man, when gilmour starts playing, it totally blew my mind. I'd never seen someone do something like that on a guitar and I didn't know what the hell was going on but I knew it was good. plus that camera moving around on .. pfffff. I love PF.