View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Echoes, by Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Tom, get yourself Max MSP. That, sir, is where we are today in terms of sound manipulation technology. Think of a sound in your head, Max can do it if you know how. I'm not there yet, I'm very much learning (and I left my damn compatible computer at Uni - running Linux right now) but it is an INCREDIBLY powerful bit of software. Complicated, but well worth it.

The Live at Pompeii version of Echoes is the best version. The ear screaming guitar part actually sounds like a flock of Valkyries on their way to Valhalla. It's from another planet and I've never heard anything quite like it.
I like the Pompeii version better except for the fact that the guitar doesn't come through very well during the last part of what comes after the eerie interlude (aka Part 2).. you know, when the "ding" makes its reapperance, then the music gets kind of heroic, the guitar goes into a slightly One-of-these-days-ish riff, the organ gets a kind of a solo, and then (on the record), this amazing dreamy guitar riff comes through.. it gets me every time. But on Pompeii, the guitar doesnt come through very well right then.

On this video it's at 3:18 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxfnPl2mu5M)