Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian123 View Post
alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.
I agree. I don't think he's the best drummer ever, lol that's ridiculous. Nor did I think that before I started drumming. However, I've always been inspired by Travis, and was a big fan of his old band, Blink-182. I also understand though why so many people think he's "overrated". He did get a lot of publicity from his reality show "Meet the Barkers". I will say this...I think it would be quite an unfair assumption for someone to just flat out say...Travis Isn't good. The fact that he does have speed, and can use it in a creative way, is something alot of people don't have.