Thread: Chris Pennie
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Chris Pennie

I don't play drums and usually I have no interest in discussing drumming, but I've joined these here forums just so I can make a point of saying how fantastic Chris Pennie is. I saw Coheed & Cambria on their Neverender tour in London a couple of weeks ago. For those of you not familliar with the Neverender concept, basically Coheed played 4 nights in a row playing one of their albums each night.

Well, Chris was amazing for the whole week. He had every little thing from every album down perfectly, his new fills in the old songs sound amazing, and he blew my mind with his (10-minute) solo during the extended version of The Final Cut. I was always optimistic about Chris joining the band, but now it feels like he's part of it. He ain't just the amazingly talanted new guy any more.

Also he's a really nice guy, I got a chance to speak to him after I saw Coheed in January and he was telling me all about how he'd been learning the entire back catalouge and which songs he liked playing... I could go on for ages about how great this guy is but I'll stop now.