View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: the guitar hero effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Yeah......now a TV show. Teams compete, in front of a live audience, with game score and "audience" stage presence score combined, to rank winner, 2nd, 3rd. (much better than watching real musicians playing real music with real instruments).....now bars have "Rock Band nights", much like "karaoke" and "air guitar competitions". Who needs to pay live bands when drunken audience members can entertain themselves on a $300 gaming system all night?..........The gaming industry is making more money now than the music industry. And for every gaming system bought, that's 25 CD's not bought. For every iPod bought, that's gawd knows how many CD's not bought. The "Decline of Western Civilization" is here.
dude i think that might be overreacting a BIT but yeah i get what you mean. Sadly people don't buy cds anymore they just download off limewire. But as you say i mean it's like doing a kariokie, they didn't just stop having live bands just because of that so whats to say they will because of some peice of crap game?

EHs Music Facebook Page