View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Why am I listening to this?...discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutin View Post
Well I could have done without the lyrics, but the music has changed definitely. Slipknot seemed to think the last album would be their heaviest album to date. Two words: "Snuff" and "no".

I've listened to heavy metal for almost a decade now, I've heard Trivium and Shadows fall. Shadows fall are okay, but Trivium are just completely ripping everyone else off these days, to a point where I just can't stand it whether the songs are good or not. I'm more into Carcass, Morbid Angel, The Berzerker, Slayer. Loads of thrash and stuff, some stuff like old Slipknot, Lamb of God, Machine head. I like loads of stuff, lots of it not metal too.
Thats like me. I used Trivium & Shadows Fall for an example.

I am a die hard thrash/speed metal fan. I love every type of metal but thrash is my #1.
I absolutely LOVE bands like Machine Head, Slayer, Anthrax, Municipal Waste, EVILE (they are amazing, give them a check) Sepultura, Lamb of God, Death Angel (give them a check too, good underground thrash band) and so on.

I've been into metal since like, ever. I'm 19 and I got into Metallica at like 5 years old. My first concert was Iron Maiden at either 7-9. Metal is like my blood. I need it to survive. Sure I listen to other stuff, but yeah.

Anyway, getting back to topic.

Check out any metal bands you want. Trust me, you can get alot better than Slipknot. Sure their great, but their over commercialized. Give Devildriver, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, Lamb og God and bands like them out. Bit heavier than most are used to, but so what? Whats wrong with "cookie monster" vocals? Once you get used to them you can understand them quite well. People diss you for being a metal head? So what, what do they know?

Also, if you want a sick drummer who is like 1000x better than Joey, look at the band Divine Heresy. Tim Yeung is amazing.