View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Why am I listening to this?...discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
I watched LC the other day actually they were supporting bullet for my valentine and the other support bands were "bleeding through" and some 15 year old kid who's balls haven't dropped yet, i think he was called "black tide" or something. Apart from that they were all really good bands, i think bfmv must be my favourite band at the moment, dunno if you'd like them but i think they're pretty good.

In terms of headphones though i think those bose things are a bit of a rip-off when for about $50 you can get a pair of vic firth drummer earphones which isolate you from the outside without any clever phase cancellation crap or whatever it is that it uses, just another unessisary power using thing to break as far as i'm concerned. As for the mahogany covered earphones sounds intresting but $550 is some serious cash to lay on a pair of headphones, as far as i'm concerned they would have to either have some serious isolation properties or just be a pair of hellishly good sounding headphones if i was even going to think of putting that sort of money on a pair.

Dude Black Tide is great, none of them are even 20 and they played at Ozzfest (have to be 21 or over to play there). So what if their young, they're not bad.