View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Why am I listening to this?...discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutin View Post
Bleh. I see what people mean about the musicality, I recognise that these are good catchy, well written songs. But for me this is not the sound/attitude I enjoyed from Slipknot in the first place. The newer songs seem to be angry in a different way; kind of emo, and pretty soppy. Whereas the old stuff was very much a cry out at everything that could get someone down given the lifestyle some of the guys had lead.

Each to his own though, Stonesour FTW.

T

Yes, nothing can compare to the first two albums that Slipknot released. I have a hard time deciding between the "Self Titled" and "Iowa" for a favorite. Each one has its own unique sense of anger that you can definately identify with and the aggressive playing is very raw and splits ones soul. As we know though, as bands get older they tend to get softer and more melodic, but Slipknot still brings the noise after this many years. Not many bands do it, and do it WELL to boot.

Something I have wondered... will new Slipknot fans appreciate the old stuff? That has yet to be determined, but trkdrmr seems to enjoy it.