View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Istanbul Agop Picture-Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
This is the new pressed cymbal stamp Latin Groover from what I gather. I suspect the larger ink logo to be some kind of a variation on it {or the same?} since the cymbals will simply be known as AGOP in 09. We'll all have to wait till NAMM 09 to see how it appears as an actual ink logo on the cymbals {?}.

I like it and it will give a clear visual distinction what are Agop cymbals and since the factory in Istanbul. Turkey isn't moving to a new location anytime soon the removal of "Istanbul" from the stamp/logo is no big deal :}. No more mix up on is it a Istanbul Mehmet or a Istanbul Agop after a brief glance. The new logo still has "HANDMADE IN TURKEY" in it so I can certainly live with it :}
Well if this logo is replacing the big pressed logo across the top...i don't like it. haha. I think it's far too petite, and not as eye-catching. I like the big "Istanbul" across the top, with AGOP underneath. Of course they are similar to Mehmet, with "Mehmet" simply replacing AGOP, but I don't think they need to change. The fact is they are two separate companies of the same history, why try the 'we are our own' road when it means this logo? Yes, they are their own company, but they don't need this logo to show that.