View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Your favorite band that never made it big... Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_drummer View Post
Also the Toadies are from around here. They were semi-successful, but the record company never really marketed their CDs properly. They sort of cut the CD, then didn't market it, and eventually the Toadies broke up, I believe. At least that is what I read in the newspapers....
I love the Toadies! I'm also from the DFW area. Have you heard the Burden Brothers? Its the same singer from the Toadies they gained alot of local notoriety a few years back, but again I don't think they caught on outside of Texas.

But anyways, Frodus was a good choice, I got into them from Thrice's amazing cover of "The Earth Isn't Humming."

But my favorite was Terminal from Forth Worth, Texas. They were a local staple for a short time and then got picked up by Tooth & Nail Records and ended touring as main support for Hawthorne Heights in 2004, but broke up soon after. Some of the members have now formed Oh, Sleeper which is slowly gaining ground nationally. I caught the Terminal reunion show in Plano, Texas last year, it was a great show.

My Yamaha Kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showt...050#post287050