Thread: Steve Smith
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Steve Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
I totally agree...

I can't understand people getting all upset saying "I tried to meet my favorite drummer and he was a total jerk...l will never listen to him again"

Does it suck....of course it does but thats just one piece of the puzzle...the most important pieces are their inspiration to make me practice, hear new ideas I never thought of and give a kick ass performance....

Copeland, Peart and Weckl are my biggest influences....
Every interview I see Stewart I cringe at the dumb stuff he says about jazz....Nealio is known to have a bodyguard cause he doesn't like to be approached by strangers....Been to multiple Weckl clinics.....had a good experience once as he gave me some autograph sticks.....saw him another time was cocky and looked like he didn't want anyone withn 15 feet of him.....

Just the way it is....
Enjoy their ablilities.....anything else is all gravy.....

Well put...However any artist that is conducting clinics (especially sponsored by big companies) should realize that meeting and greeting come with the job. They are representing not only themselves but the companies they endorse. Walking up to them on the street is another story altogether.