View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Ryan Van Poederooyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaine88 View Post
hey ryan, woah its nice to see a pro drummer taking the time to speak to all of us board members.

so here goes, first of all what would you say is your favourite item on your drum kit, alot of drummers normally dont have a specific one but a few do so ill throw that out there. ( mine is my k custom dark ride just love everything about it especially the bell)

- I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY FAVORITE ITEM ON MY KIT WOULD BE MY PEARL REFERENCE BRASS SNARE. IT IS HANDS DOWN THE NICEST SNARE DRUM I'VE PLAYED, IN MY OPINION. I LOVE THE CRACK IT HAS, THE TONE IT HAS (IN VARIOUS TUNINGS) AND THE VERSATILITY IT PROVIDES. I CAN TUNE IT SEVERAL WAYS AND IT SOUNDS AMAZING. A CLOSE SECOND WOULD BE MY 18" SABIAN AAX CHINA... I LOVE THAT CYMBAL!!!!

also how is it being around devin so much ive watched alot of his videos on youtube and he seems to be incredibly crazy, from being with steve vai to doing those "ziltoid albums" and for example with SYL screaming "your all gay before starting a song" i guess it can maybe get pretty crazy during practise and recording? or does he just act normal and impress you all with his skullet (haircut) cheers anyway :)
- DEVIN IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GUY OFF STAGE COMPARED TO ON STAGE. HE'S ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS YOU COULD MEET AND VERY INTELLIGENT. HE IS VERY CHILLED AND DOESN'T ENJOY THE SPOTLIGHT VERY MUCH. HE GENUINELY LOVES MUSIC FOR THE MUSIC NOT THE FAME AND I RESPECT THAT SO MUCH. DURING RECORDING OR PRACTICE HE'S ALL ABOUT BEING THE BEST HE CAN AND GETTING THE BEST OUT OF EVERYONE HE PLAYS WITH. I PARTIALLY HAVE HIM TO THANK FOR MAKING ME THE BETTER DRUMMER I AM TODAY COMPARED TO 6 OR 7 YEARS AGO. OVERALL, DEVIN IS A GENIUS MUSICIAN AND A VERY DOWN TO EARTH GUY... WHEN HE'S ON STAGE HE'S DEFINITELY A SHOWMAN AND IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD IN MY OPINION!

HOPE THAT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT AND CHECK OUT TERROR SYNDROME IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. IT'S MY NEWEST METAL BAND OUTSIDE OF THE DTB AND IT HAS SOME PRETTY FUN DRUMMIN'!

BEST,

RVP