View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ironwood drum set

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
I had the pleasure of playing this kit a while ago and I can say that these sound clips, while great, don't even begin to do it justice. It looks far more incredible to the naked eye, also. They weigh several ton too, but that's just helping advance DMC's bodybuilding career.

The first clip is cool...very 'nawlins! It would be killer w/ a horn section.

The second has a nice left-foot clave going, far out!

That third one sounds ODDLY familiar. ;)

It's not your personal preference but I definitely would tune them tighter myself, too. I can just imagine how hard it is to control the overtones coming out of those mighty shells though. I'd toss some coated over clears and make 'em sing like a choir.

...just dreaming what I'd do if it were my kit. :)
They are actually tighter than they used to be! I like deep drums but I should tune these higher just to find out what they sound like at the upper end of their range. Who knows - I might like them even more at higher tuning. You are right, overtone control makes tuning a lengthy process (I have www.tightscrews.com and that helps a LOT).

That third tune should sound familiar - it's the one we jammed on with you on the ashikos at my pad a few months ago! I'm bummed I didn't tape us so let's get together again soon.