View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
DrummerWorld Pro Drummer

Default Re: Todd Sucherman here!

Matt,

Thanks for your feedback and for your thoughts. They are greatly appreciated.

You know, it's funny. Upon watching the review disc of my performance, it seemed clear that I could have continued with the flow and no one would have been the wiser. At the time, being in my body at that exact moment----it seemed like a colossal time lapse---as wide as the Grand Canyon. Had it been just a regular clinic performance I would have continued. But the cameras were rolling on a DVD that would exist on this earth longer than I will. It is a fill that I've been asked about hundreds of times, and one I break down and teach in my DVD. In a split second I thought (only for the sake of the filming) that I should do another take. I suppose the laptop falling in take 2 and then the stick flying out in Take 3 was the universe's way of teaching me that I should have continued just fine with take 1. Lesson learned. We never stop learning....

I hope no one got the wrong message for my reasons for trying again. I'd like to think that the overall resonating message from all my playing and speaking were not overshadowed by the last take. I hope it came off as "endearing" in a way, and overcoming obstacles that will always be there as musicians and as human beings.

Thanks again for your observations and I appreciate your time to drop me a note.

Hope you had a great time at the MD Fest! My best to you-

Cheers-
Todd