View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Stanton Moore here

Hey everyone,
I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Stanton during May of 2006 in Albany, New York during an SM Trio tour. When my friend and I spoke to him after the show, he was very open and easy to talk to about basically anything - the DVDs and book, his technique, his practice habits, something he had played that night, etc.

I think his development and rise in the drum community over the past few years as a drummer and an educator has really blown open the door for New Orleans drumming which is a fantastic style, rich with the heritage of one of the greatest cities in the world. He's also blown open the door for lesser known New Orleans and Jam drummers like Raymond Weber, Joe Russo and of course, the iconic Johnny Vidacovich.

I know that personally his influence has opened up a new level of my style, helping me learn to apply stickings in new, refreshing ways and really opening up the style of linear drumming.

I honestly can't wait to see what's to come from all of his projects, especially Garage A Trois with Marco Benevento. That album is going to be blow-the-doors-off funky and if Benevento's presence is any indicator, unique as hell.

Cheers.