Thread: Neil Peart
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmejesus View Post
Nah, the smart kids today listen to Chicago, Zep, Floyd, Rush, police ET. AL.
Why? Because it was original and good. It was about musicianship and quality. It is still music, music so good it still sells over and over again.

I for one don't see my kids ever buying or downloading a Slipnot album ever! And thats a good thing.
Yes, it was good music. My library is full of all of it.

The young people where I live have a hard time finding places to perform because the culture is so steeped in the classic rock tradition, as though music stopped happening after 1984. So they started to have concerts at some of the monthly studio rental warehouses to be heard and make some money for rent.The Fire Marshall ended up closing some of them down because they were not zoned for that.

Today there is so much music that never gets heard because people have their heads and arse stuck in 1978. (The year Rush did their first headlining tour of the states, if I recall correctly)

I was getting e mails from Neil Peart recommending Porcupine Tree as I remember correctly, when their new album was coming out. Soundgarden, Radiohead, Tool, The Mars Volta, Muse, Stone Temple Pilots, Galactic, Green Day, Chili Peppers, Incubus, Primus, Coheed and Cambria, Soullive, Dream Theater. Have any of the bands done anything remotely interesting over the last ten years or so, or are we living in a musical vacuum?

Last edited by Deltadrummer; 09-15-2008 at 07:11 AM.