View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay norem View Post
That was because (as is always the case when the discussion turns to jazz) there were so many adamant posts made by people who don't know what they're talking about, people who somehow think that it's a sort of birthright they have as drummers to have some "knowledge," something relevant to say about a kind of music they've obviously never really played.
You don't know jazz unless you play it. Period. It's not in books. It's not in magazine articles.
Anyway, why would anybody want to play jazz anymore? There's no money in it, no fame. You want to kill your career? Call yourself a jazz drummer.
I don't participate in any of the metal threads because I don't know anything about that, but as soon as a jazz thread comes up everybody walks in acting as though they're seasoned pros, talking about "Elvin" and "Tony." Oh yeah, Buddy Rich gets mentioned a lot too.
Between jazz and religion I'd rather talk about religion. At least the Christians know what they're talking about where their religion is concerned!
trying to talk jazz on this forum is a lot like trying to talk politics or religion.

bernhard, please update your rules:
1. no religion
2. no politics
3. no jazz

this will make dw a much more peaceful place...and boring...