View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 09:03 AM
blade123

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay norem View Post
If religion is, as you say, a "hot subject" then why can't it be discussed among drummers? I find the idea that all drummers have to talk about is what kind of heads they like to use to be a little insulting. You mean that as a drummer all I'm supposed to think about is what my next ride cymbal will be?
None of the the musicians I hang out with ever talk about music. We talk about politics, religion, philosophy, electric bills, you name it. Why can't us drummers do the same here?
True, we CAN discuss other things, but discuss them at the proper places. I (and I'm sure there's plenty more out there) don't want to have to sift through religious debate to get to the drumming. Like I don't want to sift through drumming talk to get to the religious debate on the religious forums I go to. There's some people on here that may be religious or that may not be religious but they all come here to discuss drumming, not religion or politics. My friends I discuss religion, but at the proper times. You ever have that one annoying friend/person who always needs to talk about unrelated things while you're having a conversation? You're talking about one thing, and he always brings up something new for no reason other than the fact that he was bored? That's what it feels like. I know I can just skip over this thread, but once they allow religious talk on here it's going to seep through into everything.

Jay, I would love to discuss religion with you, PM me(or go to that forum I posted) if you want to talk religion. I have nothing against religious debate, I just want it in the proper places.

EDIT:Maybe not now, it's late and I'm going to bed, but I'll get back to you tomorrow or sometime this weekend.