View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmason777 View Post
That's because God hates jazz. (Easy, I am WAY kidding here!!)
But seriously folks, I don't think God cares about drumming any more than he cares about athletes winning games, etc. (My opinion). So maybe this is not the place to discuss anything irrelevant to DRUMS and DRUMMING?
I don't mean to over belabor a point; but can you see that your post exemplifies what I have been saying? You don't think that God is involved with drumming or running a race for that matter, so you don't think this is the place to discuss it. It is a decision (your opinion) that you have made based on personal feelings and beliefs. And I am happy that you have made that decision. It is a great decision.

But what about somebody who has not made that decision or come to that conclusion? What about somebody who differs and believes that God is the reason why they drum or run? Is not their decision just as great for them as yours is for you? Is not excluding those ideas discriminatory against that person?