View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 05:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
To say my piece, as with any other post. Remember that this is less a thread on religion as it is a thread concerning the forum.

That is the subtle distinction, isn't it? Religion is the example of the free and open exchange of ideas. I think that bringing in extra-drumming ideas is good. Drumming is often about these things, and we can all see that it is certainly about politics. Behind this discussion is more of the same political maneuvering that the thread is about.

Who gets to say what is appropriate? What happens if I don't like what you're saying? One thing for sure is that the forum does not police itself. You could ask someone "why is your head is up your ass," and the other posters won't say anything. In the words of Neil Peart, "even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." If you decide not to bring in the ideas or to banish them, you are making a choice about these ideas based on your own personal feelings. If you decide to advocate against their inclusion are you not doing the same?