View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
An out of body experience of sorts. Everything suddenly is so in the pocket, so perfect, its like watching someone else play. There seems to be a force inside you which is doing the playing.
This moment is so moving and emotional and powerful that it is felt by the other musicians & listeners also.

The words many use to describe this feeling are orgasmic, nirvana, the truth, a high etc...but to me this comes the closest to being a powerful religious experience.

It is rare and not easily attainable, but this is the feeling that I chase and crave.
It seems to come when your mind and heart are in the right place and you become one with your instrument and your music and at that precise moment, nothing else matters.

That to me is salvation.
You think you described 'salvation' where others would say you described an acid trip.

And spare us PLEASE with your 'real musicians follow God' stuff, you haven't a single bit of fact to back that up. I find some of the best musicians are non-believers, because they are lead by pure and total freedom, and its MY BELIEF that good art can only be produced with NO CONSTRAINTS placed on it. If religion does anything, it places constraints on people. And that IS FACT.