View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Religious Discussions on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboylikedave View Post
Agree with Bernhard about being uncomfortable with purely religious topics for threads (as opposed to just religious references).

But for the record I actually also get a bit peeved by lots of references as well - it can be annoying for drummers of other faiths or of no faith or angostics or atheists to see Christian stuff pop up all over the place spoken as if it is a normal world view, when it is not normal in many parts of the drumming community both globally and locally.

However I also understand that they are not trying to wind anyone up and I actually find the discussions about drumming in Churches very interesting.

Censorship is a rocky road so I would vote for a) a reiteration of the 'no religion rule' and be b) really just ignore it. As someone once said 'They know not what they do!'

Peace.
Good Point! My fundamental belief is that censorship is wrong. I agree that we also have the freedom to ignore what we don't want to read or talk about. I saw many people who couldn't ignore it. They were lashing out at the people who they disagreed with and that was causing problems. I also agree that the Christians were not trying to "Wind anyone up".