View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Dethklok - The Dethalbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 View Post
I dont have it yet but it ll probably be my next new cd. Anyone think that the image of the cartoon band we all know and love makes it more enjoyable? ...
If you're into metal, just buy it. You won't regret it. Like Metalocalypse, it's a larger-than-life parody of everything that Heavy Metal is. Thing is, the Dethalbum is amazing in its own right. Soaring guitars, ass-kicking drumming and brutal vocals. Some of the lyrics are funny, some dark and some thoughtful. Like I said in my first post, it's an album that you will have to listen to LOUD. It is aggressive, powerful stuff. The songs are all full length and there is not one dud on the album.

As for the cartoon band making it more enjoyable, I'd say definitely. The credits on the inside of the cover/booklet name the imaginary band members. It's kind of a mind-trip that they created this whole Dethklok thing; good marketing and just plain fun. The guys on the cartoon are the face of the band, and it's hard to think of it any other way, even though they don't exist.