Originally Posted by crdirtRider856
As of today, I have pretty much blown every set of speakers I have ran through this system. 200 watts is really not that powerful, but I guess after being played for 2-4 hours at a time, at full volume, has shown to be too much for what I have used. I have tried high-end Bose, low end MTX and too many others to recall. I always make sure that what I run can handle my receiver's output, and have asked the guys from Best Buy for help, to no luck.
So I need some help here. I always buy speakers with a return- warrantee, as I have come to expect them to blow out and be returned eventually. Should I stick with normal non-powered speakers, or should I look into some lower end, "powered" moniter or P.A. type deal?
I m not looking for crystal clear, top of the line clarity. I just want a set that will be able to handle a few hours of loud music without shutting off to "cool down" or blowing out after 2-3 months of heavy use.
Check your wiring. High end Bose speakers have an overload protection circuit built into them. Therefore it is impossible for you to blow them. The protection circuit should also protect against wiring faults as it has a short protection built in.
What is the make and model of your amp? Post this and we can see what the output actually is and perhaps recommend some speakers.
Most speakers will cope with high power input for a few hours of loud music (assuming the rating is right) so your problem may lie somewhere else.