Thread: Zak Starkey
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Zak Starkey

I searched to see if there was a thread on Zac just now after catching a rerun of VH-1's Rock Honors - The Who last night. I was lucky enough to see The Who with John Entwistle live on consecutive nights in August of 2000. The first night was in Los Angeles (Irvine) at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and the second was at the San Diego Sports Arena. At the San Diego show we had awesome seats in the lower level just above and to the side of the stage. We had a great view overlooking the drum kit. Everyone that was in our section was blown away by Zac Starkeys' drumming that night. He has that sweeping, effortless "English" style to the way he plays, and his chops and timing are incredible to witness. It is not easy to replicate the drumming of Keith Moon, but Zac did as well as anyone possibly could.

I remember thinking as we drove home that I had barely watched Pete, Roger and John, but I had seen them the night before and being in front of the stage at that show, we pretty much watched them all night. The Who will be going on a mini-tour in select US and Canada cities from Oct. 21 - Nov. 9. This may well be the last chance you have to see them so if they come anywhere near you I encourage you to go. Zac is a sensational drummer and showman, and the rest of the band are no slouches ;)

http://www.thewho.com/index.php