View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Cliff Almond here.....

I am new to the forum and just wanted to post my thoughts on Cliff!

I first got hip to Cliff when I started college and he opened my mind to the true role and function of a drummer. I actually got into Cliff's drumming so much I ordered his exact kit to the "T" off of the Yamaha web site! I didn't know much about him except for his drumming was exactly how I wanted to play!

As time goes on I still continued to practice doing my Cliff impression in practice sessions and on gigs. It has been great now that he is so accessible online with his lessons to be able to really study just how he is does it but most importantly why he does it. He is one of the best technicians I have ever heard but he is also one of the best decision makers: always musical, sensitive and appropriate.

I have been fortunate now to hear and hang with Cliff briefly when he has been out to Los Angeles playing, in fact I just saw him a few weeks back at The Baked Potato. Every time I get re-inspired and head straight back into the practice room. Not to mention he is also a super cool guy!

We all have our musical heroes and we rarely get the chance to say thank you. So, thanks Cliff! I still want to grow up to be just like you!

-Mike Bennett-

MySpace.com/MkeBennettMusic