View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
DW Pro Drummer

Default Re: Billy Ward here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkko View Post
Hi Billy!
I'm Mirkko DeMaio, we meet the last year at Frankfurt,i was in the ROLL drumsticks factory from Italy(d u remember the shaker mallets and the jingle sticks???)
I want to thank u for the DVD,i've learned so much important stuff from it,for ex,to sing (in silence when u're in studio!) the tempos and melody in my head.
Thanks very much again!

http://www.myspace.com/xxletalpoisonxx

Thanks Mirkko! Great to hear from you! your shaker mallet sticks are on the floor at my studio as we speak! I am still using those! You were one of the many pals I was missing when I didn't attend the Musikmesse this year. Hopefully next year I'll see you at the show! Thanks again for the compliment!

And Bernhard - thanks as always for you friendship and support. I think this year's show will be pretty amazing. It will be a thrill to meet all of the drummers that I don't yet know. Simon, of course, is awesome! Getting to play something completely different (with my trio) than what I usually do will be a ton of fun as well! it looks like I'm going to be the "jazzy guy" at the show this year. :D