View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Official Rugby World CUp (and the lead up tests) Thread

Yep, Kurtley Beale is quite a talent. Hope he gets game time with the Wallabies this year. as for my poor Lions, I've written the season off. In the last 2 years we lost most of our Springboks (Jantjes, Habana, Januarie and van Heerden) to richer unions. And our two remaining Boks (Andre Pretorius and Jaque Fourie) have been out injured since the end of last year. So we've been trying to compete with a seriously undercooked side and it has shown.

The race for the semis is really hotting up now. Waratahs, Stormers, Chiefs and Hurricanes all looking good towards the end of the competition, but there's only space for two of them in the semis. And the Force, Blues and Brumbies aren't out of contention yet either. My (educated) guess would put the top four at the end of the competition like this:

1. Crusaders
2. Sharks
3. Waratahs
4. Stormers

If I'm not mistaken, this is how they currently stand. This would mean the Stormers travel to Christchurch for their semi while the 'Tahs travel to Durban. Could we possible have another all-SA final?